Monday, February 19, 2007

Salem update: Lawmakers check in

Today State Sen. Ginny Burdick left a message on my answering machine apologizing for an 11-week delay in getting back to me. Seems she has suffered disruptions from staff changes etc.

Anyway, we are now playing phone tag, but it looks as though we may have some traction on getting media literacy legislation introduced this legislative session.

Actual passage is an open question....

Rep. Mary Nolan has expressed interest in the subject too, and Rep. Larry Galizio, a PCC teaching colleague, has agreed to put forward legislation on my behalf. I've told him I'd like to persuade my fellow Northwest Media Literacy Center board members later this week to be primary backers.

Stay tuned.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home